We have a packed week planned...
- Saturday: We will arrive in the late afternoon, get Taco settled in his stall at Jumping Branch Farm, and go find the people hotel downtown.
- Sunday: Easy flatwork and hacking. Amy (our provost) arrives in the afternoon with her homebred mare Flo.
- Monday or Tuesday: Lesson with up-and-coming eventer Jennie Brannigan. I won this lesson in a benefit auction for CANTER Mid-Atlantic-- thank you Jennie for donating it!! On the day that is not a lesson with Jennie, we will work on our dressage test.
- Wednesday- Friday Cross Country School, another hacking day, and polishing whatever we need to do (showjumps or dressage), under Amy's supervision.
- Saturday: Dressage and Showjumping at Full Gallop Farm Horse Trials.
- Sunday: Cross Country at Full Gallop Farm!
- Monday: Home again
That's it-- the rest is Taco's job, and I need to let him do it! One of the best things about this lesson was that I really started to "get" the division of labor within our partnership. I can't jump for him-- and throwing my body at him is actually counterproductive (Amy started us out trotting a tallish vertical so that I could feel how he could jump up to my body when I waited for him to). I can trust that he is able to do his job-- and he is so very good at it.
See you in Aiken!