photo by Hoofclix.com
Tales of Taco the Wonder Horse and his ammy rider on their way to a Training Three Day

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday Taco!

Taco has a birthday today!  All Thoroughbreds in the Northern Hemisphere turn another year older each January 1.  Taco's actual birthday is not until March, but in the eyes of the American Jockey Club, he is 15 years old today.

He spent 2010 teaching me more than I could have imagined I could learn.  Here is a slideshow of our activities together from last year:



2010 was also the first year of the Team Taco blog. I started the blog as a way to keep our friends and family updated and the blog has caused that group to grow!  We have gotten more readers since Taco first started to offer his Ask Taco column.  We were honored with a shout-out from the US Eventing blog a few days ago, too!

It is exciting to be planning 2011 (and yes, another T3D is in the works), and I am so looking forward to another year with my wonderful partner and friend.  Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments: