photo by Hoofclix.com
Tales of Taco the Wonder Horse and his ammy rider on their way to a Training Three Day

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More training...

Since the AECs, we've continued to prepare for the T3D.  Taco's fitness is great, but mine needs work, so I have been doing some additional workouts at the gym.  I've also started a Rider Fitness Accountability Thread on the COTH BB to keep me motivated.

It's been summer-like for the past couple of weeks but we've gotten in some trot sets and a little gallop (more for me than for Taco).  We had a jump lesson last weekend that reminded me of the importance of committing to a rhythm (not a distance) on the approach to each fence.  Here are some video clips, taken by our friend Elizabeth:






There are 34 entries in the T3D at Midsouth!  Wow!  I am so happy for the T3D program and it will be a great group of people there, I am sure.

I also got some AEC pictures from the professional photographer Mark Walter Lehner of Hoofclix.com.  They are gorgeous-- his team does a great job!  Here are a few of my favorites.  And you might have noticed that I have posted a new picture under the title of the blog, too.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your AEC report and pix! Taco looks wonderful - keen, fit, impeccably turned out! I don't think I've ever seen a photo of someone in the D ring with such a huge smile on her face. Congrats!

Anastasia said...

Thanks, S! I was just so excited to be trotting down center line at the AECs-- my first!